Did you know?
The herpes virus is considered one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. According to the CDC:
- 1 out of 5 women have HSV-2 (age 14-49)
- 1 out of 9 men have HSV-2 (age 14-49)
- Over the past decade, the percentage of persons with genital herpes infection in the United States has remained stable. The herpes virus comes in two forms:
- HSV-1 is oral herpes (sores on the mouth and lips)
- HSV-2 is genital herpes (sores around genitals or rectum – most common form)
Knowledge is Power
Although the sores may clear up, there is no cure for the herpes virus. Herpes is most commonly transmitted by direct sexual contact, but it may also be exchanged by kissing or swapping saliva. Even if sores are not present, the disease can still be transmitted. It is most often passed from a man to a woman.
ARCpoint Labs of Lansing offers a herpes blood test to determine if you carry the virus. Contact ARCpoint Labs of Lansing today for confidential, affordable STD testing.
Read more facts about Herpes from the CDC.
NOTE: ARCpoint Labs of Lansing is a group of independently owned and operated franchise locations. Not all services are offered at all locations.
Contact ARCpoint Labs of Lansing for Confidential Herpes and STD Testing
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.