A titer test measures the antibodies in your blood and helps determine your immunity to certain diseases. Some common uses of titer tests include:
- Determine if you’ve had a past infection
- Discover which immunizations you might need
- Check the effectiveness of a vaccine
- Test to see if you have mono or a viral form of hepatitis
- Detect your level of immunity relative to certain diseases/viruses
Common Titer Tests
Many people in the healthcare profession need titers testing. If you have lost your immunization records, a titers test determines if your level of immunity is sufficient to protect against certain diseases/ viruses like:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Mononucleosis (mono)
- Hepatitis B
A high amount of antibodies will indicate that you should have sufficient immunity to certain diseases/viruses.
If you need a titers test, please contact ARCpoint Labs.